Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Artist to watch for 2009: Wale

This weekend I listened to 3 Wale mixtapes on my way back home from D.C. and I must say it has been a long time since a MC has really impressed me. I heard a few tracks from Wale in the past but never really took the time to sit down and digest his flow and delivery. On one of the tapes Wale tells us that Black Thought from the Roots is one of his favorite rappers and I can definitely see the influence that Black Thought has blessed Wale with. Most of all Wale does not stray from the sound of DC. Most of his tracks bear the DC GO GO influence that sets him apart from all the other rappers. Don't get me wrong, Wale can spit on any track and deliver FIRE!!! But it is refreshing to see an artist who does not bend and try to sound like he or she is from a city or region they are not from. Check out this track from Wale with Bun B and give me your thoughts!

No comments: