Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson You Will be Missed


Yesterday just like the rest of the world I heard the bad news about Michael Jackson passing away. My heart goes out to his family and everybody who has ever enjoyed the music this genius put out. I was listening to a radio show this morning while driving to the office and they said that MJ was the King of Pop! “Wow”, I thought, MJ touched so many more genres than that. Anybody that picks up a mic or aspires to be a recording star can only dream to have the success that Michael Jackson has had. He was the prototype of what a real star should be and accomplish. Michael Jackson during his prime was bigger than the Beatles and Elvis Presley combined. His music during the years was a tribute to his dedication to his craft and all the hard work he put into it while growing up.

Now to bring this full circle to my favorite genre of music, Hip Hop, we must take a look at all the artist who have sampled a MJ track, used his name in a verse and or incorporated something that MJ did into their music. Today is indeed a sad day. It’s like I woke up from a bad dream this morning only to realize that it was not a dream. Michael Jackson one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived!

1 comment:

Dawood Mamedoff said...

P Diddy: "He showed that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life. He made me believe in magic."

Here I've tried to collect all notable tributes paid to Michael Jackson by peers: http://www.tributespaid.com/quotes-on/michael-jackson